War in Iraq
Infrequently Asked Questions)
We are all related.
This war touches us all.
- What percentage of the global population is from the
- What percentage of the global wealth pertains to the
- Which country has the largest oil reserve in the world?
- And the second largest?
- What is the global military budget?
Over one billion Euros.
- What percentage of this pertains to the USA?
- What percentage of the USA military expense would be
enough to cover the basic needs of Third World countries, according to the United
- How many people have died in wars since World War II?
- How long has Iraq had chemical and biological weapons?
Since the beginning of the 1980's.
- Did Iraq develop these weapons on its own?
No. It used materials and technology offered by
the USA and UK governments, as well as private multinational companies.
- Did the USA condemn Iraq's use of gas against Iran?
- How many people did Sadam Hussein gas at Halabja in
- How many Western governments condemned this act then?
- How many liters of "Agent Orange" did the
USA use in Vietnam?
Over 35 million liters.
- Is there any proof of a link between Iraq and the 9/11
- What is the estimate of dead civilians during the Gulf
- How many casualties did Iraq's army cause amidst Western
troops during the Gulf War?
- How many tons of depleted uranium were left behind in
Iraq and Kuwait after the Gulf War?
- According to the United Nations, what percentage did
the number of cancer cases increase in Iraq between 1991 and 1994?
- How many civilians has the Pentagon predicted will be
killed during an attack to Iraq?
- How many of these would be children?
- How many years has the USA been attacking Iraq?
- How many United Nations resolutions did Israel break
- How many United Nations resolutions has the USA vetoed
between 1972 and 1990?
- How many countries have nuclear weapons?
- How many nuclear warheads does Iraq have?
- How many nuclear warheads does Israel have?
- How many nuclear warheads does the USA have?
- And which is the only country
that has ever used nuclear weapons?
- What does Article VI of the Treaty on the Non-Proliferation
of Nuclear Weapons, ratified by the USA, say?
Each of the Parties to the Treaty undertakes to
pursue negotiations in good faith on effective measures relating to cessation
of the nuclear arms race at an early date and to nuclear disarmament, and on a
Treaty on general and complete disarmament under strict and effective international
(This Treaty was signed by the USA on July 1, 1968, and entered into force with
the deposit of USA ratification on March 5, 1970.
- Why hasn't the Treaty for the Total Prohibition of Nuclear
Testing, which was adopted by the United Nations in 1996, been enforced?
Because, in spite of Bill Clinton's signature, the
US Congress and George Bush have categorically opposed it.
- Why couldn't a Verification Protocol for the Treaty
for the Prohibition of Nuclear Weapons be approved last year?
Because the USA opposed
it. It categorically refuses inspectors from the United Nations to visit its own
- Where did the anthrax that terrorized Americans at the
end of 2001 come from?
A laboratory in the Pentagon.
- Who said, "Our lives begin to end the day we become
silent about things that matter"?
Martin Luther King.
by Antonio Gallego,
March 15, 2003